Having last posted an entry over a year ago it would seem to be more than time to restart this project. Initially I thought it would be a good place to put up lesson plans and ideas and I think that’s still true but I will also now expand it to include random thoughts and ideas as well as links to other projects. With that in mind then I am posting a link to a netvibes web page that I am in the process of building to help my long course students with self study and project work. It’s only in the early stages and at the moment doesn’t look very polished but the idea essentially is to have a one stop shop (no infringement on onestopenglish intended!) for the students to access a wide variety of articles and exercises as well as hopefully a forum and twitter feed at some point. The internet is awash with sites designed with English students in mind, however whilst some are really excellent others are not and I think part of the job of the teacher is to act as a filter to point students in the right direction which is hopefully what the website will do. If you happen to have stumbled across this blog site whilst looking for something more interesting and have managed to read to the end then please feel free to comment or give any feedback on the website as I’m still trying to figure out what I want from it exactly and any ideas would be extremely welcome!
- 50 Ideas to Change the World on.ft.com/2DlatCz 18 hours ago
- Infographic: What Happens in an Internet Minute in 2017? bit.ly/2BOOnnM 1 month ago
- #bbcthebriefing turn that blasted background noise off. Nobody likes it.Nobody. 1 month ago
- Short stories adapted from works by over 50 authors - history, science, crime, sport etc. ReadListenLearn bit.ly/2gidN3D 3 months ago
- Learn Languages for Free with Music Videos, Lyrics and Karaoke! bit.ly/2xACrCU 3 months ago